2-minute how-to videos
New mini videos show how to use two JSTOR tools for research and organizing work. Embed these in LibGuides and other library help resources!
Your Workspace: save, annotate, create, and share lists of articles, book chapters–even content not found in JSTOR–all in one place.
Text Analyzer: leverage this award-winning tool to discover more relevant content quickly and easily.
If you need versions of the videos that are not hosted on YouTube, please contact us for help.
Webinars: stay up to date
Regularly offered sessions include:
JSTOR 101: Get a jump start on JSTOR and learn how to access, search, cite, and save research. 30 min
JSTOR 201: Take a deeper dive into platform tools, including the award-winning Text Analyzer and the JSTOR Workspace. 30 min
JSTOR for admins: This webinar demonstrates all the features available to account administrators for JSTOR. 1 hour
How to build search skills with JSTOR: Learn more about several JSTOR features that can help students build search skills and craft better research strategies. 45 min
Librarian and faculty collaboration for student success: View a recorded webinar that explores various techniques to foster collaboration with colleagues and improve student success.
Webinars are recorded and all registrants will receive links to the recordings.
Tools for research
- Text Analyzer – Use your own text or document in multiple languages to search for content on JSTOR
- My Workspace – A space to save, organize, and share content on JSTOR
- Data for Research (DfR): Download datasets for content on JSTOR to use in text mining research and teaching.
- LibGuides – Created by librarians for librarians to use in helping researchers improve skills and increase awareness of content on JSTOR
- JSTOR Understanding Series – Discover articles that cite famous works of literature by clicking on a passage or line
- Research Basics – A free interactive course with instructor guide and self-paced quizzes to prepare students for college-level research