Content on JSTOR
Books at JSTOR
Books at JSTOR offers more than 50,000 ebooks from renowned scholarly publishers, integrated with journals and primary sources on JSTOR's easy-to-use platform.
All titles offered in Books at JSTOR are available exclusively in a DRM-free, unlimited-user model. The ebooks work just like the journals on JSTOR, with unlimited simultaneous use, downloads, and printing, and no need to log in or use special software. This creates an outstanding user experience for researchers.
Open Access eBooks Now Available on JSTOR
We are pleased to announce a new program to make Open Access monographs available on the JSTOR platform. More than 500 high-quality titles are now available at no cost to libraries or users. View the Open Access titles now.
Innovations in eBook Discovery and Use
An Against the Grain interview with Laura Brown, Managing Director of JSTOR, explores how chapter-level search results are driving ebook discovery and usage, and how JSTOR's research on the ebook user experience will inform further contributions to making ebooks easy, efficient, and appealing to researchers. Read the interview with Laura Brown (pdf).
Exploring the Growth of Books at JSTOR
An article in Inside Higher Ed highlights the growth of the Books at JSTOR program, and shows how the popularity of the JSTOR platform among student and faculty researchers helps increase discovery of the ebooks. The article also discusses JSTOR's DRM-free model, the financial benefits to libraries, the increase in foreign-language content, and more. Read the full article here.
Content Available Exclusively on JSTOR
Classic Titles from Yale University Press: More than 150 classic works published by Yale University Press are available as ebooks for the first time, including titles from such notable authors as Alvin Kernan, Peter Gay, Jerome Kagan, Ramsay MacMullen, Debórah Dwork, and Anthony Pagden. Learn more
Art and Architecture of Ireland: Published by the Royal Irish Academy, the Art and Architecture of Ireland five-volume set provides an authoritative account of Ireland's artistic and architectural heritage from the early Middle Ages to the end of the 20th century. The ebooks are available exclusively through JSTOR, and contain the same content as the print versions—including all 2,500 images. Learn more.
Subject collections are available in core disciplines that see high usage on JSTOR. The collections include 900 titles published in 2016.
A full list of the subject collections is below. Choose a subject to learn more, and contact us for information on the special savings available.
- Business & Economics
- Film Studies
- Language & Literature
- Political Science
- Science & Technology
Books at JSTOR has partnered with academic publishers in Latin America and Spain to make important scholarship in Spanish available on the JSTOR platform. Special savings are available on this collection. Learn more.
Benefits of Books at JSTOR
- High-quality scholarly content: Important titles from leading academic publishers, including Princeton University Press, Yale University Press, Harvard University Press, and many more
- Easy to use: Like journal articles, book chapters can be read online or downloaded as PDF files that never expire
- Seamless integration with journals: Search across the full text of books, journals, and primary sources to make research easier and more effective
- Unlimited, DRM-free access: JSTOR's unlimited-user model allows unlimited downloading and printing of DRM-free chapters
- Flexible acquisition models: Build a collection title by title; choose a subject collection; or set up Demand-Driven Acquisition to pay for titles only when they're used
- Savings: We offer savings based on your institution's size and JSTOR Archive Collection participation, plus special savings on subject collections
- Interlibrary loan: Books at JSTOR permits interlibrary loan for book chapters
- Free MARC records: We offer free OCLC MARC records for all titles