Content on JSTOR
BOOKS AT JSTOR
Books at JSTOR offers more than 40,000 ebooks from renowned scholarly publishers, integrated with journals and primary sources on JSTOR's easy-to-use platform.
All titles offered in Books at JSTOR are available exclusively in a DRM-free, unlimited-user model. The ebooks work just like the journals on JSTOR, with unlimited simultaneous use, downloads, and printing, and no need to log in or use special software. This creates an outstanding user experience for researchers.
JOIN US AT ALA FOR A DISCUSSION ON DEMAND-DRIVEN ACQUISITIONJSTOR recently conducted an in-depth survey of nearly 100 libraries participating in our Demand-Driven Acquisition program. We’ll explore key findings from this research, including best practices for setting up and managing DDA. We’ll be joined by academic librarians who will share their experiences with this ebook acquisition model. Register now for this free session.
When: Sunday, June 26, 2016 from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Where: Hyatt Regency Orlando - Room Celebration 16
INSIDE HIGHER ED EXAMINES THE GROWTH OF BOOKS AT JSTOR
An article in Inside Higher Ed highlights the growth of the Books at JSTOR program, and shows how the popularity of the JSTOR platform among student and faculty researchers helps increase discovery of the ebooks. The article also discusses JSTOR's DRM-free model, the financial benefits to libraries, the increase in foreign-language content, and more. Read the full article here.
2016 SUBJECT COLLECTIONS
Books at JSTOR offers packages of frontlist titles that support academic research in core disciplines. New 2016 sets are now available in History, Language & Literature, Political Science, and Sociology.
A full list of the subject collections is below. Choose a subject to learn more, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the special savings available.
- Business & Economics
- Film Studies
- Language & Literature
- Political Science
- Science & Technology
Books at JSTOR has partnered with academic publishers in Latin America and Spain to make important scholarship in Spanish available on the JSTOR platform. Special savings are available on this collection through June 30, 2016. Learn more.
NEW 5-VOLUME SET: ART AND ARCHITECTURE OF IRELANDPublished by the Royal Irish Academy, the Art and Architecture of Ireland collection provides an authoritative account of Ireland's artistic and architectural heritage from the early Middle Ages to the end of the 20th century. The ebooks are available exclusively through JSTOR, and contain the same content as the print versions—including all 2,500 images. Learn more.
YBP LIBRARY SERVICES
Libraries may purchase access to Books at JSTOR titles using YBP's collection management interface, GOBI3. Libraries can elect to receive new JSTOR title notifications from GOBI3, or have titles automatically delivered on JSTOR through YBP's eApproval program. To view a short video and learn about getting started, click here.
Benefits of Books at JSTOR
- High-quality scholarly content: Important titles from leading academic publishers, including Princeton University Press, Yale University Press, Harvard University Press, and many more
- Easy to use: Like journal articles, book chapters can be read online or downloaded as PDF files that never expire
- Seamless integration with journals: Search across the full text of books, journals, and primary sources to make research easier and more effective
- Unlimited, DRM-free access: JSTOR's unlimited-user model allows unlimited downloading and printing of DRM-free chapters
- Flexible purchase models: Build a collection title by title; choose a subject collection; or set up Demand-Driven Acquisition to pay for titles only when they're used
- Savings: We offer savings based on your institution's size and JSTOR Archive Collection participation, plus special savings on subject collections
- Interlibrary loan: Books at JSTOR permits interlibrary loan for book chapters
- Free MARC records: We offer free, high-quality OCLC MARC records for all titles