Artstor’s images for education and research are now discoverable on JSTOR. Users at institutions that subscribe to both services can work with more than 2.5 million photographs, artworks, architectural plans, and other visuals. An additional 760,000 images are now freely accessible to everyone–all rights-cleared for education and research.
We are constantly enhancing our suite of tools and resources for working and teaching with images on JSTOR. Here’s what you can do with the latest updates:
- Copy any of your image groups into JSTOR Workspace to take advantage of enhanced features such as folders, notes, export functions, and more
- Save, download, cite, sort, and view image metadata while browsing within a collection
- View image metadata and traverse folder structure when selecting images to compare in Workspace
- Duplicate existing Workspace folders to reuse, update, or reformat curated content
- Present image collections in a full-screen, slideshow format directly from Workspace folders, with IIIF-viewer functionality and image detail display capabilities
- Share the content you curate in your Workspace folders with other users in your institution for reference, teaching, and more
- Compare images within your search results, as well as compare search results with items already in your Workspace folders, and display or hide image details when doing so
- View institutional access credentials in a new section of the integrated admin portal called Access Methods (admins only)
- Easily browse by classification or geography from the image search page.
- Focus on searching just images throughout your entire session by selecting the Images tab, or see all the search results by switching to the All Content tab
- Navigate to the next image result from the image detail page, saving you the time of going back and forth from the image detail page to the image search results page.
- Use the “Remote access URL” field on image pages to easily share links in institutions that support EZproxy and WAM proxy.
- Drag and drop images and documents on JSTOR Workspace to arrange them in any order
- Export images and documents on JSTOR Workspace as PDFs
- Perform advanced image searches
- Download and cite images directly from the image search results page
- View top-level (tombstone) metadata alongside the image when in full-screen mode
- Filter image searches by classification, country, and dates
- Export groups of images in your Workspace folders as PowerPoint presentations
- See whether an item is already saved to your Workspace via an indicator
- View Workspace as thumbnail gallery for easier organization of images
- Use your Artstor username and password to log in to JSTOR
- Search within collections via the Collections browse page
- Scope your search to image-only in the general search on JSTOR homepage
- View your Artstor Cross-Platform Usage Report to track usage on both Artstor and JSTOR (admins only)
- Start your search from the dedicated Image Search page
- Filter image search results by collection
- Filter JSTOR search results to images only, with metadata displayed for easier evaluation
- Find 2+ million Artstor images on the JSTOR platform
- See Artstor usage reports on JSTOR admin portal (admins only)