Register & Read
Register & Read offers free, read-online access to any individual with a MyJSTOR account.
How to get started:
1. Register for a free MyJSTOR account.
2. When you find an article in Register & Read, click Read Online Free.
3. Add it to your shelf and read the full text online. (After 14 days, you may remove it and add new items.)
1. Log in to your MyJSTOR account.
2. If you’ve forgotten your password, just enter your email address in the login screen.
PDF versions of some articles are also available for purchase and download. If you purchase articles from your shelf, the PDF versions may be stored and accessed in your MyJSTOR account at any time.
About Register & Read
Launched in March 2012, Register & Read follows the release of the Early Journal Content as the next step in our efforts to find sustainable ways to extend access to JSTOR, specifically to those not affiliated with participating institutions.
Register & Read includes approximately 1,200 journals from more than 700 publishers, a subset of the content in JSTOR. This includes content from the first volume and issue published for these journals through a recent year (generally three to five years ago). A list of the titles and publishers is available for download via the Register & Read Title List link below.
Register & Read is a beta program, and we expect to adjust aspects of the program as needed. This may include both functionality and the available content.