Books at JSTOR is an initiative to publish scholarly books online as part of JSTOR, one of the most well known and widely used scholarly resources. Working together with partner publishers, libraries, and scholars, we have developed a new online offering for current and backlist books that we hope will meet the needs of these groups better than anything available in our community today.
We provide broad use and flexible purchase models for libraries; deliver a unique and valuable research experience for users; and enable sustainable models for publishers and their authors in the future.
Our driving focus is to deliver great content and experiences to researchers–an objective shared by publishers and libraries. Books are cross-searchable with the millions of journal articles and primary sources on JSTOR, linked through our vast network of citations, and contextualized by more than 1 million book reviews on the platform. They provide an online research experience marked by personalized, user-driven functionality. Please visit our Librarians' FAQs page for additional information on Books.
- Flexible purchase options. Individual frontlist and backlist titles are available for purchase with single-user pricing for all titles, and multi-user pricing for many titles. Pricing is set by the publishers and tiered according to JSTOR’s classifications. Volume discounts are also available.
- Preservation assured. Books are preserved in Portico (portico.org), ITHAKA’s digital preservation service.
- Offerings developed by libraries, publishers and scholars. Books at JSTOR offerings and terms are designed to support broad access to scholarship and improve the research experience.
- Books are integrated into the JSTOR platform, one of the most heavily used and valued online resources among faculty, graduate students, and undergraduates.
- Improved discoverability. Rich book metadata and JSTOR’s network of external linking partnerships makes books easy to find.
- Seamless integration with journals. JSTOR currently has more than 2 million book reviews and 600,000 citations on the platform. Books, journal articles, and reviews are cross-searchable and linked in ways that make online research faster, easier, and more effective.
- American School of Classical Studies at Athens
- American Schools of Oriental Research
- Australian National University E-Press
- Austrian Academy of Sciences
- Boydell and Brewer
- Brookings Institution
- Catholic University of America Press
- Central European University Press
- Columbia University Press
- Cornell University Press
- Edinburgh University Press
- Georgetown University Press
- Harvard University Press
- Hong Kong University Press
- INSTAP Academic Press
- Liverpool University Press
- McGill-Queen’s University Press
- Modern Humanities Research Association
- Ohio University Press
- Penn State University Press
- Princeton University Press
- RAND Corporation
- Russell Sage Foundation
- Society of Biblical Literature
- University of California Press
- The University of Illinois Press
- The University of Minnesota Press
- The University of North Carolina Press
- University of Ottawa Press/ Les Presses de l'Université d'Ottawa
- University of Pennsylvania Press
- The University of Texas Press
- University of Toronto Press
- University Press of Kentucky
- University Press of Mississippi
- Yale University Press